Thank you to all those assisting in a coordinated effort to address the needs of seniors across the counties we operate. Your efforts, and that of all our healthcare heroes, working tirelessly day and night, assures me that we can overcome this crisis together.
This is a scary time for all, and we want to assure resident’s family members that there is nothing more important than the safety and wellbeing of our entire Hurlbut family. Preventing the spread of the virus has, and continues to be, our top priority.
In an effort to keep families as informed as possible during this difficult time, we will be sharing regular updates as it relates to your loved ones and our facility. There are many challenges and issues to manage, but please know that we’re doing everything within our power to protect residents and team members including working around the clock to identify and secure PPE (masks, shields, gowns and gloves) to keep our team safe while providing care.
In addition, we will continue to implement the following across our facilities:
- In compliance with the NYSDOH, all outside visitors have been restricted from entering since early March.
- Limited access to our buildings and required screening of anyone who enters, including all staff.
- Screening includes a temperature check and completion of a NYSDOH questionnaire about risk factors, as per NYSDOH requirement.
- All residents, at a minimum, are screened daily for signs and symptoms of the virus.
- Following the CDC and NYSDOH guidelines, our staff are implementing the appropriate isolation procedures for any resident with a new onset of respiratory symptoms and any confirmed COVID-19 individuals.
Thank you for your understanding at such a challenging time. We are honored to serve you and your loved one.